However, that's not why I posted. She's not only cute; she's very quirky. Arrow has a favorite rock that she likes to carry around in her mouth. She'll pick it up and race from one side of the yard to the other. She drops the rock and bats it around, waits a while and then races back to the other side. She actually has a specific gallop that she does while she is running with her rock; that's how I know she's got the rock. Sometimes if I am not paying attention to her, I think its a small wild animal that she's got, but then thankfully realize that it is her rock. I can't help, but think of the quirky adventures of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza. Casey and I had the pleasure of listening to (the condensed version of) it on our way to Niagra Falls this summer. I wonder what's going through her mind as she seriously does this important and determined 'dog work'. I am a bit concerned about her pearly whites, but what's a mom to do?
Because she is still a puppy and in teen mode, she still spends some time in her crate. If we don't have our eyes exactly on her, she cannot be trusted. Yesterday for example, while we were sitting right in the same room, she ate a puzzle. Yes, a puzzle. A 1000 piece puzzle. It's just not worth it if I know that even 1 piece is missing.
And so this evening, I was texting with a friend and I looked down and there was the dog that I always wanted. That sweet pup was just hanging out peacefully at my feet. Age and carrying heavy rocks around can do that to a crazy, energetic puppy.
Oh well, it's all part of the adventure, isn't it?
Until next time,
Lynn
Just love it. Will post link from a Dog Whisperer show where a canine had a rock obsession. It sounds like Arrow may be a little less crazy : ) In the meantime checkout this devotional for today - Perfect imagery for me
ReplyDeletehttp://getmorestrength.org/daily/latest/
Funny video! Arrow may be a little neurotic about her rock. It makes me think that she may need a playmate, but I am not brave enough for that at this point! Nice devotional- perhaps we can all learn something from those walks with dogs :-)
Deletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ3_dzFs7zs Punkin the Rock Dog begins at 02:35
ReplyDeletePunkin the Rock Dog contiued
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzIqx7EVXgo
Checking on the pup, her rock and adventures in the Smith home with Arrow the super dog!!!
ReplyDelete